I've spent a lot more time than I care to own up to building my baby girl's registry. Some of the searching started before we even started trying and then I started a private registry to remember things as I came across them in the few years we spent waiting and praying for our miracle. But, this made piecing together my public registry pretty easy since I already knew the type of items I wanted to stock our home with for the future Owens'.
My top priority when building my registry is finding safe, all-natural products that our babies can put in their mouth (since that's the first place everything goes) and not have to worry about the toxins they might be ingesting. Some pieces are more important than others (to me) to be organic, etc. But, when it comes to toys, that is non-negotiable for me because that's one thing I know for sure will end up in their mouths constantly.
I wanted to share a few of my favorite wooden toys to help anyone else searching for items to add to their natural baby registry...
1. Heart Baby Wooden Puzzle from Bella Luna Toys ≫≫ This toy is not only a great brain game for baby, but it's pretty to look at and has multiple uses (doesn't have to be used as a puzzle). I love that it is complicated enough to grow with baby for awhile, but the pieces are all large enough for the tiniest of babes to play with.
2. Personalized Name Block Wooden Toy by Little Sappling Toys ≫≫ I know I'm still being a tease with baby girl's name, but I love it so much I want to put it on everything! These personalized blocks are so cute and still safe for baby to use for their buildings.
3. Wooden Cakes and Biscuits from BeeSmart ≫≫ I'm obsessed with the vintage look of these toys. If anyone knows where to find more vintage looking toys (wooden or not) that are safe for children (aka- not actually vintage and use lead based paint, etc)...please let me know!
4. Wooden Natural Baby Rattle and Teething Toy by Bitte ≫≫ Baby can shake and teeth on this natural wooden rattle and teether all day and night. I like having a few neutral items in babies toy bin.
5. Colorful Wooden Car by Plan Toys ≫≫ Every baby I've ever met (and I used to be a preschool teacher, so I've met a lot of babies) loves a fun car to push around.
6. Wooden Baby Play Gym from Land of Nod ≫≫ This gym is safe for baby to gnaw on as they play and still looks great in your living room.
7. Sun Wooden Baby Toy from Oompa ≫≫ How cute is this little sun toy?! This one just makes me smile and has fun colors for baby.
8. Wobbly Ombre Pink Stacker from Land of Nod ≫≫ A great learning toy that also comes in "boy colors" if you don't like the pink.
9. Shape Sorter Wooden Baby Toy from VidaToy ≫≫ Another brain game for baby that will grow with them for awhile as they learn it's ins and outs.
If you know another great place to find wooden (or other natural and affordable) toys, let me know in the comments!